Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage Saying They Did Work - They Didn't

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

This is for a friend of mine so apologies if details are a bit sketchey.

Friend of mine has an RX-8, in March of 08 he was asked to bring it to a main dealer to have a few things checked for a recall, everything was fine. Recently he has gotten a high performance battery and something else replace, cost of €800, on Friday he got a call from Mazda asking why he had to get the 2 things done again when he only got them done in March 08. Turns out the garage put down a lot of work to his car that he never got done.

Now, he's wondering, does he have any recourse? What should he do? He's worried about the resell value of the car if there's a lot of work down against it, also, he's wondering would he be able to get a refund on the work that he got done recently?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This call came from Mazda Ireland? I'd try to have them deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sounds to me like Mazda Ireland are querying the warranty work done on the car, not anything else he's had done. Your mate shouldn't have had to pay anything for warranty work so he won't be due anything back.

Sounds like either the first time it went in the dealer put in the warranty claim to Mazda, but never updated the system to say it's done. They may or may not have done the work.

Second time it went in, the garage saw there were outstanding recalls on the car and completed the work then submitted the claim to Mazda. It's only when Mazda get the warranty claims that it flags on their system that it's trying to be billed twice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, it came from Mazda Ireland, the car is a 06 so it's out of warranty now, he didn't even think of trying to get anything on warranty. Thanks though guys

Advertisement