Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allergy testing

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

hey, does anybody know of any allergy testers around the Kildare area please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Fidge13 wrote: »
    hey, does anybody know of a good/recommended allergy tester around the Kildare area please?

Recommendation of specific practitioners is prohibited on boards.ie.

If a person wishes to answer this post by giving a selection of practitioners from which the op can choose, and without specifically recommending one, I'll leave the thread open.

Anyone who replies recommending a specific practitioner will get an infraction and/or a ban, and the thread will be closed.

Thanks,
    L-M.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

Fidge13 wrote: »
    hey, does anybody know of any allergy testers around the Kildare area please?

you are looking for something pretty specific there, why target the kildare area only, if you had said the Letterkenny area I can understand that Dublin might be out of reach but from Kildare Dublin is a short hop

What are you trying to test for?

Are you aware this will involved needles and skinpatch testing +/- taking blood for tests

In public hospitals there is only one immunologist in Dublin in St James I believe

There are a number of GPs who also do this if you google GP, allergy you will find some

What is more useful is the desensitisation if you find you are useful if they offer that service

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

I want kildare cos it's handier than going to Dublin.
    I'm looking to be tested for food allergies mainly.
    I will search for GPs -- i didnt realise they could test for that kind of thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Two Clinics that I know about but not in Kildare

Slievemore Clinic - Paul Carson ( expensive ) ( Dublin )

Blackrock Clinic - Bruse Mitchel ( not as expensive ) ( Dublin)

Both are very good. I would reccomend that you stick to a professional.

There is also an Immunoligist in Beaumont Hospital - Mary Keoghan, but the waiting list is approx 16 months.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

Two Clinics that I know about but not in Kildare

Slievemore Clinic - Paul Carson ( expensive ) ( Dublin )

Blackrock Clinic - Bruse Mitchel ( not as expensive ) ( Dublin)

Both are very good. I would reccomend that you stick to a professional.

There is also an Immunoligist in Beaumont Hospital - Mary Keoghan, but the waiting list is approx 16 months.

Good luck with it.

thanks for that Aidan, I will investigate further

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayGunner

I'm thinking of going to one of these guys to get checked out - am having same issues as the OP.

Can anyone tell me is it worth it?? Did you find that it helped??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

what you need then is somewhere like the amber clinic in mullingar..
    they test for all sorts of food sensitivities which are different to allergies.
    Dr <mod snip> is an Immunologist and she tests for allergies that result usually in anaphylatic shock and you're usually referred by your gp or hospital after an episode. (only took 2 weeks for me to get a public appointment with her this monday gone by)
    mater private do allergy skin testing and costs about €80 you can get referred by your gp.
    otherwise it's testing by clinics that do reflexology and stuff like that..i'm sure if you google it you'll get a list.

Advertisement