Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer, can change Netopia for other router?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

The power chord on power block / adapter going into my Netopia router is cut and so I've got to get a new router. Is it easy to replace a Netopia with another brand and have my eircom broadband continue to work? Or are there tricky settings to input?

[Sorry if this is a newbie question - I did search through the archives but there are way too many 'Netopia' results.]

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

It's simple enough to be honest to buy a new router, all you'll need to do is set-up the wireless and put your eircom username and password in.

If the router has been imported from the UK you would need the following:

VPI 8
    VCI 35
    Encapsulation PPPoE
    Multiplexing LLC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You could just replace (or have repaired) the power block and continue to use the same router .......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Only thing to watch out for is that if you later have a BB issue and call the service line they might not be able to help you if you have a different router.

Happened to me with Smart when I put in a wireless N router. :)

Maybe contact Eircom and see if they can give you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

They will replace free of charge
    (providing you are an eircom customer! )

Advertisement