Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browsers cannot connect to sites. Other programs can

Options
  • 16-11-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have a strange problem at the minute. Im using NTL and over the last week when im downloading stuff after a while im unable to access any websites. It just flashes up done when i try with any browser. I was looking yesterday at the router and i had about 800 mb downloaded and the router appeared to reset itself. After it did this was when i wasnt able to surf. I cant download either but my spotify works fine so it can get the internet. Im pretty certain i can ping google aswell.
    I have tried winsock fixes, tcp/ip stack fixes. I have disabled the firewall on my bitdefender. Windows firewall is disabled. The wifi is definately still working cos i can use my iphone on wifi and i tried my mates laptop too and he can.
    When i restart my computer it is fixed. But if i try to download again the same thing will happen. On saturday it happened even when i wasnt downloading anything using a download program but i was after watching some stuff on youtube.

Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement