Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NEW MAZDA 3 SALOON 2010

Options
  • 16-11-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

Guys I have a 08 mazda 3 with 50.000 km on the clock i payed 21.000 for it new in january 08 its in great nick. was in with mazda last week getting the car serviced when the dealer persuaded me to take the new mazda 3 for a spin. it's a great car very nice to drive has all the mod cons. i asked the dealer how much and he told me it would cost 13000 with my own car to jump in to an 2010 mazda 3. was just wondering what you guys thought of this deal.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

quiff001 wrote: »
    Hi

Guys I have a 08 mazda 3 with 50.000 km on the clock i payed 21.000 for it new in january 08 its in great nick. was in with mazda last week getting the car serviced when the dealer persuaded me to take the new mazda 3 for a spin. it's a great car very nice to drive has all the mod cons. i asked the dealer how much and he told me it would cost 13000 with my own car to jump in to an 2010 mazda 3. was just wondering what you guys thought of this deal.

Thanks.

Doesn't sound good to me. Sell your car privately. Then go to UK and buy the mazda there, you'd save at least 3k doing this. I did it this time last year, got an astra, saved around 5K ( the exchange rates were better, but they're still good). check it out, price the car in the uk. see what your car is going for 2nd hand and check the import tax (via web) and do the math.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭rn

Whats he actually offering you for your car?

If the new mazda hasn't gone up in price much i.e. 21-23K he's essentially only offering you 8K-10K for your 08? That seams very very low to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

You have a 2 year old Mazda, and your considering paying €13,000 PLUS your car for it's replacement that is going to depreciate by 30% the day your drive it of the forecourt? Whatever deal you are being offered have you really thought this through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 quiff001

The dealer thinks this its a great deal.

I Dont think so.
    Im just going to drive it in to the ground.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭alias no.9

quiff001 wrote: »
    The dealer thinks this its a great deal.

From his point of view, it's a fantastic deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

rn wrote: »
    Whats he actually offering you for your car?

If the new mazda hasn't gone up in price much i.e. 21-23K he's essentially only offering you 8K-10K for your 08? That seams very very low to me.

I think the price of the diesel Mazda 3 has come down significantly. So selling his car for €10kk privately will let him get a better deal, and 10k is too little for his car!

Advertisement