Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Licence, Two different types?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Quick question about wine licence. Do you need two different licences when selling to wholesalers (say restaurants) and to consumers ?
    I'm trying to help out a friend who sells to restaurants and cafes at the moment, and need to know if he needs another licence to sell online.

Thanks
    max
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

He needs to talk to his solicitor about it.

AFAIK, though, he doesn't need a separate licence and can sell to the public with a wholesaler's licence as long as the quantities are no less than 2 gallons at a time.

I believe the relevant legislation is the Finance (1909-10) Act 1910, 1st schedule, part B:
    1. A wholesale dealer's licence authorises sale at any one time to one person of liquor in the following quantities, namely:—

(a ) In the case of spirits, wine, or sweets in any quantity not less than two gallons, or not less than one dozen reputed quart bottles; and

(b ) In the case of beer or cider in any quantity not less than four-and-a-half gallons, or not less than two dozen reputed quart bottles; In the case of beer or cider in any quantity not less than four-and-a-half gallons, or not less than two dozen reputed quart bottles;

But this really is a job for a legal professional, not some randomer on Boards like me.

Advertisement