Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Valid Tax Disc

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is it true that your tax disc does not have to be in date to do the test even if it is after the 28 days allowed by law to get your new disc ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

WTF you are learning to drive read the rules of the raod:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not up to the testers to enforce the road tax law but I can't understand why someone would even contemplate doing their learning ability test and not have the discs sorted. What if you get stopped on the way to the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

mimster wrote: »
    Is it true that your tax disc does not have to be in date to do the test even if it is after the 28 days allowed by law to get your new disc ???

Yes that's correct. Eventhough you're breaking the law by not displaying a current tax disc, a tester cannot refuse to test you if your tax disc is out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mimster

Just changed the car and got last min test date and just worried i wont get tax sorted in time as the car salesman is taking his time with book etc - No need for such aggrssive responses !! Was just wondering if i should postpone test date !
    Thanks Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If you've paid it and have proof of payment but just haven't received the disc yet keep it in your car until the disc comes. No tester or member of An Garda Síochana will put any pass on you so long as you've paid your tax.

Dont postpone date,same thing happend me on the morning of my test and when i rang to check if it was ok they told me not to worry as it was only up by 2 days and i had it paid and had proof of payment

• Advertisement
Advertisement