Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emergency ambulance got me free toll?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Yesterday i was heading into the city via the good aul port tunnel,a bus eirinn bus was to my rear and a couple of cars where ahead of me,all of a sudden i heard sirens behind me but couldnt see what lane because of the bus,when i got to the pay desk i went to hand the attendant the money and she just pressed the button,barrier went up and she said go go go,same with the bus,then seen the emergency ambulance coming up from behind,it had a northern registration plate but it had all lights and sirens blazing,then the minute we wer clear of the toll plaza and up to the traffic lights they pulled to the side of the road,one paramedic got out from the back and into the front of the ambulance and they didnt use the sirens after that even though traffic going through the city was slow,there was no bumper to bumper but nobody was really getting up to speed limit before getting caught by lights or traffic flow. I'm not complaining because i got free toll :D but just thought it was a bit odd :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Pretty cheap, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Send them a cheque if you want.

Advertisement