Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi ladd got my renewal from Quinn today 2460 down from 2900 last year which is great but I feel could b a bit less. I rang the guys today did the whole got a lower quote etc from other company but they just wouldn't budge. Does it depend on who you get on the phone should I keep trying them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

quinn will never usually match lower prices, ring around and try 123.ie alot of people seem to be getting god quotes from them.

depending on your age try fbd also they gave me a quote some years back about 600 euro cheaper than quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TheJones

Your quote sounds fairly excessive although to be fair I don't know your details, e.g. age, gender, full/prov. licence details and type of car. 123.ie are excellent and worth a call even if its to do nothing more than satisy your curiosity. Although rarely tried hibernian aviva are currently offering excellent quotes for the month of November. Basically shop around before settling to pay that amount of money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well prob is it's a taxi. Axa want 3600 n allianz 9400 lol u gotta laugh so ya reckon take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TheJones

being a taxi that changes everything and subsequently believe thats a very competitve quote, remember that also includes public liability insurance which can be astronomical depending on where you shop.

Ye tbh I was suprised it came down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Shop around, ring everyone.

Well thanks to the guy from Quinn for informing me of the discount they offer for adding your spouse: new policy 1750. :-)

Advertisement