Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question came to mind thanks to 6th

Options
  • 16-11-2009 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

i came across this today and i have to say i agree with Sixth but i would like to hear everyones opinion here Is the Irish Paranormal commuinity becoming a SOAP OPERA so whats your conclusion guys and be honest .I dont do drama very well jaysus I DONT DO DRAMA but ill speak my mind and wont Piss around the rim ,,, guys be honest what is your thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Well seems you asked Danny and we are all wanting to be honest here, I think it is but a few that are playing roles in the soap opera world. Most of you on here know what i am on about, i will not go saying names even though i really want to as i feel the persons who started the Soap Opera should be named and shamed. The paranormal community is but a small one, so if someone does wrong it will and does be found out, The drama has come into the paranormal world of people who did wrong, who lied and caused frictions with others. So if people need to defend them selves or their group i would call that standing up for one another not a drama or soap opera, But when the other party even though have been found out to be liers over and over again seem to be carrying on as if they did nothing wrong, would you not be annoyed, frustrated and disappointed. Call them emotions as being a role in a soap opera if you like, But for me i would call it being let down by others.
    This post might not make sense to alot on this forum but it will make sense to them who know what i am on about.
    So i will finish by saying we all want to be taken serious as paranormal investigators and researchers so when others go around causing trouble for other groups , do we not stand up and defend them in the public view, do we not already know that honesty and respect for one another has to play a big role in all of this, So when someone breaks that honesty and respect should it not be said out to others, I am NO drama queen, i have enough drama in my life with raising teenagers but what i do believe in is standing up and defending yourself or your group, Like you Danny i am out spoken, if someone does me wrong or lies i would defend myself, So i think this is why things have started to go like a soap opera as it is being called. Some people where done wrong by, And all they are trying to do is defend themselves by them who wronged them and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

you know my thoughts well on this dan. the irish paranormal community ( i find) seems to be focussed on turning round a few euro more than paranormal investigating.

I will have to disagree regarding all teams, Not all of us are out there to make money, our team only charge for open investigations and that is to cover the charge the location gives us, We do not pocket any money whats so ever nor do we take donations, we cover all of our own costs. I am with PRAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

Traze wrote: »
    Well seems you asked Danny and we are all wanting to be honest here, I think it is but a few that are playing roles in the soap opera world. Most of you on here know what i am on about, i will not go saying names even though i really want to as i feel the persons who started the Soap Opera should be named and shamed. The paranormal community is but a small one, so if someone does wrong it will and does be found out, The drama has come into the paranormal world of people who did wrong, who lied and caused frictions with others. So if people need to defend them selves or their group i would call that standing up for one another not a drama or soap opera, But when the other party even though have been found out to be liers over and over again seem to be carrying on as if they did nothing wrong, would you not be annoyed, frustrated and disappointed. Call them emotions as being a role in a soap opera if you like, But for me i would call it being let down by others.
    This post might not make sense to alot on this forum but it will make sense to them who know what i am on about.
    So i will finish by saying we all want to be taken serious as paranormal investigators and researchers so when others go around causing trouble for other groups , do we not stand up and defend them in the public view, do we not already know that honesty and respect for one another has to play a big role in all of this, So when someone breaks that honesty and respect should it not be said out to others, I am NO drama queen, i have enough drama in my life with raising teenagers but what i do believe in is standing up and defending yourself or your group, Like you Danny i am out spoken, if someone does me wrong or lies i would defend myself, So i think this is why things have started to go like a soap opera as it is being called. Some people where done wrong by, And all they are trying to do is defend themselves by them who wronged them and others.
    would it not be in everyones interest if these people are named and shamed for all the other groups that dont know these people .so as to sort out the people or groups who are only trying to get rich/famous or just causing trouble for the whole community. or people who are trouble and best avoided.they could after all defend themselves if they thought they were accused in the wrong.i think a little more communication between the groups about new members looking to join would be good for all concerned .

i do agree with dannyxx the forum seem to be more about the groups who do or want to do investigating rather then the investigating itself.don't get me wrong i am not into soap operas but i find myself coming back to see who got a roasting today .probably be me today :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I'm aware of what went on and it was unfair to certain people. All I'll say on this is that people that act in the ways we've seen are just looking for attention, the best way to react to it is not to, just ignore them, they want people to comment and say things hence the drama.

paranormal wrote: »
    would it not be in everyones interest if these people are named and shamed for all the other groups that dont know these people .so as to sort out the people or groups who are only trying to get rich/famous or just causing trouble for the whole community. or people who are trouble and best avoided.they could after all defend themselves if they thought they were accused in the wrong.i think a little more communication between the groups about new members looking to join would be good for all concerned .

Yes i feel it would be in the best interest to name and shame them , But it is not up to me to do that, as it will come back that i am causing trouble, has happened to me already, But it will come out a some stage as them involved are burning alot of bridges

Ziycon wrote: »
    I'm aware of what went on and it was unfair to certain people. All I'll say on this is that people that act in the ways we've seen are just looking for attention, the best way to react to it is not to, just ignore them, they want people to comment and say things hence the drama.

again totally agree with you

I dont think there is a paranormal research community in ireland. there is a community of people interested in the paranormal - which includes open investigations, ghost tours, blah blah blah blah - but thats a different thing than what I would class as paranormal investigation.

Im not knocking anyone by the way. I think its wise to have that distinction between entertaining those interested in things scary and actually trying to find out what the story is with the paranormal. Personally I dont really give a toss what others do to be honest, but Im intent in making sure LP doesnt get detoured off in the wrong direction.

Paranormal, research, Come under same group to me, as if you want to investigate you also have to do research, am i not right in saying that, yur right there is no community of paranormal researches but there is a group IE the one i am in who are called Paranormal Research Association of Ireland.
    For us to have knowledge of all locations we investigate research plays a big part.

• Advertisement

no. its not correct (in this community anyway) to say if you investigate you research. Many go on investigations and never do any kind of review. Its more down to either 'feeling' something weird of if it was scary or not. Plus, when I say research I dont mean looking up the history of wherever it is you're investigating. I mean looking at paranormal reports and investigations objectively and trying to figure out what causes the apparent paranormal activity.

Anyway - thats not the topic.

well i did state to me and not to every other group, as when i hear of a place to investigate i like to research it, i did not state all groups did this in my post

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Ok, I agree with pretty much all of the above.

As a person who was involved in some of the drama a few weeks ago (not the current drama) I do feel it has gone too far, and it needs to stop. I am the same as Danny, I am allergic to drama. It is not wanted or needed in the paranormal community. :eek:

I agree witht he naming and shaming of the people causing trouble, but I am not involved in any current drama, THANK GOD!!!!! so it is not for me to do it.

The comment above about ghost bus / open investigations "I dont think there is a paranormal research community in ireland. there is a community of people interested in the paranormal - which includes open investigations, ghost tours, blah blah blah blah - but thats a different thing than what I would class as paranormal investigation" sometimes open investigations are necessary. I am not overlly fond of open investigations however to find the new team member's that we are lacking we felt it necessary to do one, to give people a chance to try it out before joining any team. This ghost bus stuff I just think is ridiculous. We have one here and I think it's a pure waste of time.

Sorry about the long post :eek: However, yes I think it has become a soap opera and it really needs to stop, whoever is causing trouble needs to stop, because we are all sick of it, and enough is enough.

Ok my rant is over, you can all now get back to your daily lives hehe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lads, seriously ... this thread is part of the drama.

That's true I s'pose. By talking about it were keeping the drama active, by ignoring it, it might end. :D

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    That's true I s'pose. By talking about it were keeping the drama active, by ignoring it, it might end. :D

Never a truer word spoken.

Ok topic of thread was to ask for our honest opinions, I gave it so how am i being dramatic ie drama. Is it going to be a case you can not talk "and i am not being sarcastic here" or give a opinion with out the fear of someone saying it is drama.

Traze did I mention anything about you giving your opinion, therefore your being dramatic. No I did not.

Some people are just fed up of talking about all the carry on and hearing about it. It's putting a dampner on everything, That's why I agreed with 6th.

We should all just drop it..and that's not referring to you alone, it's referring to ALL of us. Me included. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Y'know what, there are a vast majority of people who read this forum have no idea what on earth you are on about.

Threads like these make the so called irish 'community' look like a a) is exuding of people,
    b) more interested in interpersonal, c) full of people vying for each others notice.

I didn't think this forum was for the discussion of the personality s, politics and interpersonal of people who have an interest in the paranormal, I tough it was for any one who is signed up to the site who wants to discuss the paranormal.

Thread like these make people who don't know what is going on reluctant to post as they don't know the back ground to what ever inter personals are going on and I think that is damaging to the forum.

So either spell out what is going on for the rest of it or talk among yourselves via pm or what every other route you choose, because you are being exclusionary.

I have no idea what has/is going on and tbh I don't care, esp if it can't be discussed in a grow up fashion or if it's all rumour and speculation which can't be backed up.

Ruth. sorry but i did not direct my other post directly at you, i was speaking over all . I will speak no more on this topic as it seems to be just getting way out there now.

• Advertisement

I think we all just need to stop now :D

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Y'know what, there are a vast majority of people who read this forum have no idea what on earth you are on about.

Threads like these make the so called irish 'community' look like a a) is exuding of people,
    b) more interested in interpersonal, c) full of people vying for each others notice.

I didn't think this forum was for the discussion of the personality s, politics and interpersonal of people who have an interest in the paranormal, I tough it was for any one who is signed up to the site who wants to discuss the paranormal.

Thread like these make people who don't know what is going on reluctant to post as they don't know the back ground to what ever inter personals are going on and I think that is damaging to the forum.

So either spell out what is going on for the rest of it or talk among yourselves via pm or what every other route you choose, because you are being exclusionary.

I have no idea what has/is going on and tbh I don't care, esp if it can't be discussed in a grow up fashion or if it's all rumour and speculation which can't be backed up.
    my sentiments exactly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

As much as I've been enjoying the irony, it's definitely time for this thread to stop. This forum has definitely become far too much about "personalities" (and I mean that in the loosest possible sense) and it has gotten very tiresome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement