Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any common ingredients present in all/most fast foods? (pizza, chinese, etc

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Whenever I consume any sort of fast food, such as take-away pizza or Chinese etc, or anything from places like McDonalds etc, as soon as I'm finished I find I've a build-up of mucus in my chest, and I start coughing it. It lasts about a minute or so.

Is there any one ingredient common in most fast foods that wouldn't be present in more common non-fast foods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

eskimo wrote: »
    Whenever I consume any sort of fast food, such as take-away pizza or Chinese etc, or anything from places like McDonalds etc, as soon as I'm finished I find I've a build-up of mucus in my chest, and I start coughing it. It lasts about a minute or so.

On a side-note, I am 23 and have been suffering from a chronic sinus problem for at least the past ten years, and the symptoms are there constantly. A few weeks ago I had the skin-prick allergy test done, but nothing showed up positive.

But what could be in the fast food that could be causing this reaction?

talk to your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Monosodium glutamate maybe. Some indian places make a point of not adding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

You really need to talk to your GP about this as it could be a number of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement