Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creda Storage heater with Devireg

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone may have some idea what i'm talking about cos I don't.

I am in a new apartment with Creda storage heaters and a Devireg in the fusebox. The switches beside the storage heaters come on at night time as they should and I have set the input high and the output about halfway on the heaters. However after 3 days they are still stone cold.

I looked at the Devireg but the numbers are all faded on the 2 dials. I have no idea what they do. There is a light on the devireg that is green during the day and red at night when the heater switches come on. Is this right?

Is there some way a setting on the devireg could be stopping the heaters from heating up? Or is there some hidden switch on the heaters I don't know about?

On the main heater there is a fan heater underneath that seems to have it's own switch that you can put on anytime, but this only comes on if I put the output dial of the heater above it on a high setting.

Hopefully someone can make sense of the above. Apartment never gets too cold but coming into winter i'd like to have the option of heat.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

For the devireg(off-peak use only)You set the 'day' button(left i think)to zero(mid-range) and adjust the nite for comfort.
    Allow 24hrs for changes to take effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

How do these deviregs work Dave? Do they use room stats?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

davelerave wrote: »
    For the devireg(off-peak use only)You set the 'day' button(left i think)to zero(mid-range) and adjust the nite for comfort.
    Allow 24hrs for changes to take effect

The left button which has 4 settings, I think these may be -2, -1, 0 +1, +2. Does that sound right? It's comes on at night fine.

The right dial is larger and I can't see the numbers but I think this should be temp, is that right? That is up full and after 3 days not a bit of heat out of the heaters.

Any other ideas?

How do these deviregs work Dave? Do they use room stats?

TIA.

They have an outdoor sensor connected.Afraid they're not user-friendly at all.
    So Nothingman if you're heaters are switching on 'off-peak' as you say.Sounds like a local problem(cut-out or element)

They have an outdoor sensor connected.Afraid they're not user-friendly at all.
    So Nothingman if you're heaters are switching on 'off-peak' as you say.Sounds like a local problem(cut-out or element)

But it's happening on all 3 heaters. I'm renting anyway so if I can't get it working the landlord said he would get someone out to look at it.
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

do the switches beside heaters come on at nite ?
    the left neon on devireg is red at nite(on)?
    can you hear contactor energizing at nite(clicking in fusebox)?

do the switches beside heaters come on at nite ?
    the left neon on devireg is red at nite(on)?
    can you hear contactor energizing at nite(clicking in fusebox)?

Switches do come on at night.
    Left neon light is Red at night.
    I can hear ticking in fuse box at night,

sounds like a local(heater) problem then

sounds like a local(heater) problem then

On 3 heaters? That's pretty bad luck. There wouldn't be a thermostat or something somewhere else besides the fusebox or on the heaters would there?

Cut-out or elements ! i would think from symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

I have the same setup in my rented apartment... not the best solution in my opinion.

The manual to the Devireg (including schematics of the dials) can be found here
    For the 710-2 model, only dials a and b are present.

If the red light comes on at night then they should be charging.. are the switches next to the storage heaters turned on?
    NothingMan wrote: »
    There wouldn't be a thermostat or something somewhere else besides the fusebox or on the heaters would there?

only thermostat for the devireg is outdoors but if the red light comes on at night then the devireg is working fine... all points to a fault at the storage heaters IMO.

if the switch neons are continously lit it wouldn't seem like a contact issue on the power side.
    a multimeter and voltage tester at heaters would obviously quickly determine problem.

if the switch neons are continously lit it wouldn't seem like a contact issue on the power side.
    a multimeter and voltage tester at heaters would obviously quickly determine problem.

Thanks, I think i'll leave that to the pros. Appreciate your input, at least it doesn't look like i'm doing something stupid.

Thanks.

if it's a local cut-out prob on the creda someone may be able to advise you(i'm not familiar).
    but if you're renting obviously you may prefer to leave it.

I got this problem solved. It was indeed a local cut-out problem. (thanks Davelrave). This basically means that the heater has overheated probably due to clothes covering the vents.

To reset the cut-out switch you need to remove the front cover. There are 3 screws along the top and 3 along the bottom.

On the top right, where the inout/output knobs are there is a reset switch. It is just a flexable piece of metal sticking up, but if you press it down you should hear a gentle click and it's reset and should heat up that night. This piece of metal is just above the 2 blue lines in the picture below.

XT9605.jpg

I hope this helps other people in this situation as I know there is not a whole lot of info out there on these heaters. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I'm starting to think we should have a sticky with links to useful posts/threads for people trying to keep their NSH going :)

Especially in this cold weather.

One perhaps telling people to read their meters regularly (when they can), too-particularly when they move in or out :)

Advertisement