Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Help please!

Options
  • 15-11-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Im applying through the CAO and by college application to trinity as a mature student, but as im sure is the case with many others all the different policies and procedures have me totally stressed out!!

So i have a couple of questions i hope someone can PLEAASSEEE help me out with :

1- I havent done my leaving cert but i have done my junior, do i have to send a copy of my junior cert results with the CAO or is it good enough to just write your grades on the application?

2- I have completed 2 FETAC courses. One of them was finished last march and over the summer i recieved notification that i had been awarded a distinction(**I DID NOT RECIEVE A CERTIFICATE JUST A LETTER TO LET ME KNOW WHAT GRADE I GOT) so i am wondering what the procedure is here ; should i try and get the actual cert or will it be ok to just write the grade on the CAO??

In regard to the 2nd FETAC course i comepleted, this has only just finished so i will not know my grade for probably at least a couple of months, so what should i do for this one?

Id really appreciate any help anyone can give me on this!

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Im applying through the CAO and by college application to trinity as a mature student, but as im sure is the case with many others all the different policies and procedures have me totally stressed out!!

So i have a couple of questions i hope someone can PLEAASSEEE help me out with :

1- I havent done my leaving cert but i have done my junior, do i have to send a copy of my junior cert results with the CAO or is it good enough to just write your grades on the application?

2- I have completed 2 FETAC courses. One of them was finished last march and over the summer i recieved notification that i had been awarded a distinction(**I DID NOT RECIEVE A CERTIFICATE JUST A LETTER TO LET ME KNOW WHAT GRADE I GOT) so i am wondering what the procedure is here ; should i try and get the actual cert or will it be ok to just write the grade on the CAO??

In regard to the 2nd FETAC course i comepleted, this has only just finished so i will not know my grade for probably at least a couple of months, so what should i do for this one?

Id really appreciate any help anyone can give me on this!

Thanks !

Hey,

!. Yes, I would try get a copy of your Junior Cert results - you can do so either by contacting your former school or contact the State Examination Commission http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=co&sc=ct to get a certified copy of your results (your school would stamp the copy of your results).

2. I would get the cert or a letter from the awarding body stating what grades you got and send a photocopy.

With your second FETAC course I would just write awaiting results and then send on the results once you receive them. (photocopy)

For Trinity, they need a separate application too, so make sure to photocopy everything and don't send them the original. (That goes for CAO and other colleges too).

Don't be stressed. You've plenty of time and you're getting it sorted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks for helping me out...again Larianne!! Ur so good at this!
    I will get onto the link you sent and try organize a copy. Do you know how much it costs or if there is a cost for replacement documents? (I seriously hope there is not!)
    I guess i wont be able to apply untill i get a copy of the junior certificate then will i? Im actually getting pretty nervous about all this now :(

Also iv just rememberd something i read in the CAO handbook about not having to supply the CAO with some exam certs as they can obtain them themselves, do you know anything about this or have i got it wrong or something?

Thanks hun

P.S I know your right and i should stop stressing as i am slowly getting this all sorted out but i really really want this, its so important to me and i just want to make sure everything is right so my application doesnt get rejected!

Thanks again!

You will do! Like I've said before, have a list and tick things off so you know you're getting somewhere.

I'm not sure whether you have to pay for copy of the certs. I'd get a copy anyway as you'll have to send the results to the colleges/unis.

Only reason I'm good at this is that I've done it the past two years. I'm experienced, ya know. :)

Deadline is 1st February 2010, so plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

If Trinity has a Mature Students Access Officer, it'd be well worth your while going down to have a talk with them, as they can help you out with everything you need to know as it's what they're there for!

Clodagh Byrne is the mature student officer. She's very helpful.

mature.student.officer@tcd.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

In regard to the post about contacting the mature student officer, well i have already emailed him/her in the beginning and they were very helpful.
    I am going to write down a list of everything i need to get sorted out because at the moment everytime i feel im getting on top of things something else popps into my head so im just making myself confused!

Thanks for the replies!!x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dratsab.live

Hi there, Larianne I find your posts really helpful so thank you. Just confused as the guidlines for applying to trinity says NOT to send additional papers such as certs references or letters etc with the application. So should I include them anyway or just send off the applications.

Oops, yeah. Just send the application, plus photocopies if you're applying for a number of courses but no additional docs. Make sure to put your name and application number on each page.

I know UCD and others do request copied of academic certs so make sure to read the application guidelines proper.

Sorry if I confused you in anyway.

So do i not need to send my FETAC results or Junior cert into the CAO now or is it that i DO send those to CAO but not directly to trinity?

I also have references so i presume i dont send them to TCD or CAO?
    Sorry im totally confused now and i checked TCD site but cant find that info that the poster before Larianne stated!
    Sorry about this!

qwertytlk wrote: »
    So do i not need to send my FETAC results or Junior cert into the CAO now or is it that i DO send those to CAO but not directly to trinity?

I also have references so i presume i dont send them to TCD or CAO?
    Sorry im totally confused now and i checked TCD site but cant find that info that the poster before Larianne stated!
    Sorry about this!

Don't send additional information to TCD. Just whatever they said on the application form.

DO send all your paperwork to the CAO. References, Certs, Personal statement etc.

• Advertisement

Ok Great thanks again for coming to the rescue of another one of my mini fits!haha:rolleyes:

Advertisement