Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Brain Training work?

Options
  • 15-11-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Recently I've become somewhat addicted to the various Brain Training games available on various hand held consoles. All of the ones I've tried seem to be based on mathamatical reasoning, and obviously the faster you solve the problems, the younger your 'brain age' is. I'd question if my memory is improving any, but I have noticed my mental arithmetic has improved somewhat.
    Is there any proof that that this type of training actually improves your cognitive functions or is it a case of, because you now recognise a pattern/answer, you answer quicker, therefore providing a 'false' result? Would someone who does a crossword or suduko every day get the same benefits?

Advertisement