Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fan in 03 punto not working.

Options
  • 15-11-2009 10:48pm

Hi everyone.
    I was wondering if any punto owners experienced this before. the fan in my sisters 03 Punto is not working whatsoever. the car is not overheating or anything but my dad thinks the problem lies between the relay and the switch. does anyone have any ideas where exactly? could it be a fuse in that area. he checked the normal fuse panel and changed a few. it made no difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My old 99 Punto started overheating because the fan wasn't kicking in correctly. Some ballbearing in the fan unit had seized and once it was replaced, all was good.

Another likely culprit is the thermostat unit. If that is goosed, then the fan won't know when to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

This happened to me just before i sold my punto.

I had the switch on the bottom of the fan replaced, it cost me around €50 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

cooling Fan in a Punto is ECU controlled fan units themselves give a lot of trouble more than likely your problem.

Advertisement