Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 CO2 emissions

Options
  • 15-11-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

I am looking at A4's at the moment in England and the North. I am confused with the CO2 emissions. They all seem to be 144g and not 139g as I expected. I am looking at 08 and 58 plates. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume it is the B7 (old shape) A4 you are looking at. I think the 139g/km models have a DPF or diesel partical filter. But I am no expert on them so maybe someone here like -Chris- would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I presume it's the B8 143BHP you're looking at.

There are two different CO2 ratings for the A4 in '08 - they made a change in week 22 of '08. The current rating is 134, which is band B. I don't remember the figure for old rating was, but it was band C.

That probably explains the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

VAG were caught with their pants down when emission based tax was introduced here. They were selling versions that were based on old technology, as they could get away with it.

The newer stuff is far more enviro friendly, as I'm sure Chris can attest to.

Both the old and new technology was available here (if you're referring to the 1.9TDi vs 2.0TDi, which I'd expect you are), but the 1.9TDi was far more popular due to the VRT & Motor Tax regime.

Do you really think the guys in Ingolstadt or Stuttgart really sit down and discuss the need to re-tune the engine to suit the Irish market's insatiable demand for 6,000 cars a year?

I think VAG were slow to take on Common Rail technology, and that's a definite oversight, but they had it in the A4 before the new VRT regime came in, and it was in the A6 once it was facelifted.

All the manufacturers are making progressively lower-CO2 cars, but it's due to international emissions requirements, little-or-nothing to do with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Thanks for the replies. Its the B8 I am looking at. I guess the only way to find out is to ring the sellers and get them to check the V5.

• Advertisement

Definitely the best way.

Advertisement