Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army member, director in private limited company

Options
  • 15-11-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Is is ok for a member of our army to become a share holder or director in an Irish limited company?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I certainly can't see any issues with being a shareholder.

Being a director may trigger a requirement to seek permission from the chain of command to hold a second job, though. Not quite sure how that works, someone more au-fait with Irish procedures than I should be along shortly.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Thank you Mr. Manic.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

not with standing a second job and the permissions required there, a member of the DF is not entitled to be a director in a limited company, no exceptions asaik. Shareholder is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Hi HK, that's a clearly understood reply. Thank you. May I ask would you be aware of the nature of the "permissions" you mention please?

Advertisement