Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salomon Freeski Camps at Ski Club Photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

That link isn't showing anything at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

I was looking at them earlier...there good!!!

This is erinn btw...my old profile wont let me in for some reason but i was on it earlier....weird!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Erinn I will check the ones I have and put them on a disc for you if you are in any of them. Vanessa has sent me some of her shots and they are incredible I will stick the link up when she has them done.

You can buy them from her and they only charge for the print and postage.

Glad you enjoyed it and the guys will be back very soon. Let me know if yoiu ever need anything

Looked through your already on facebook...I'm in the back round in one of them only!!! Thanks anyway...yea i plan to buy some of Vanessa's when she puts them up!!! :D

Cant wait to see the vid either...should be good!!!

It's working for me now, great photos, none of me, that might be a good thing!

• Advertisement

sarsfield06I have over 800 photos and I think you are in a few, plus Ness will publish her shots soon and I can garuntee you are in them. Think my other half became a bit Target fixated with that big ramp and the good looking boys on it:D

Did you really upload 800, that's a lot, I'll look again, I don't think I saw them all. My neck muscles are really sore since, must be all the spinning?

if ya have over 800 why is the onlu jus over 200 on facebook??? get d rest of them up will ya??? :P:P:P i joke i joke...take ur time...i jus wanna c dem!!!

nd i agree wit ur other half...there was a few lookers up there...pity there not club members...haha

act ment to ask...when the best time to become a member cause i wanna become one but your website says the membership runs april to march...i'd like to get it asap!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_54j3JCKXg

part one of the video of the weekend!!!

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btqa7RtB5bY

Part 2 of the Grom camp film is up, how quick is that!

Glad you like them guys this is why we use the boys htey are the best there is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

the whole set up looked impressive, well done !!!

I think sarsfield06 is tryin to rob my job...im not impressed!!! lol

:D:D:D

No boys and girls no fighting there is plenty to post for everyone:D

:( anymore photos up yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

First ever freestyle features!!!!

Lies make baby jesus cry!!

I'm sure I can forgive wayne that one, since he and his dad made so many new freatures

Have to say, quite impressed with the amount of kids throwing down 3s, thats no joke on dendex!! Watch out colm, you're not the only freestyle skier anymore

Hats off to wayne for putting himself out there and organising an awesome event, takes a lot of balls to try and promote freestyle up in kt...

Next question is, are the sunday boarders and skiers going to be allowed play with the new box??? Please say yes dad!

Wayne wasn't lying...they were the first ever freestyle featureS...yous only had one made up!!!

i heard a rumor that they will be there on a sun to be played with...its enough to make me seriously consider becoming a member!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

paulharte wrote: »
    Have to say, quite impressed with the amount of kids throwing down 3s, thats no joke on dendex!! Watch out colm, you're not the only freestyle skier anymore

Hats off to wayne for putting himself out there and organising an awesome event, takes a lot of balls to try and promote freestyle up in kt...

Next question is, are the sunday boarders and skiers going to be allowed play with the new box??? Please say yes dad!

Ah Paul, now people have to try and out do KK with his frontflip there a few weeks ago :-) mad trix

I'm also behind the 'let's get the new features out on Freestyle Sundays'!

On another note, USAI in association with UCD Snowsports club are building another flat box (approx 40cm x 6m). we bought a 6mm sheet of Polycarbonate for the surface and are sourcing materials for the structure!

after all of this influx of new boxes and rails, all we really need is a decent snowflex kicker and then we'll be laughing

Granty,
    The only way the new features will be left in the club is if we get a freestyle night other than that they will be coming out of there and there is already a buyer for them so the club will need to get off its ass or will be losing out on free equipment.

• Advertisement

Granty,
    The only way the new features will be left in the club is if we get a freestyle night other than that they will be coming out of there and there is already a buyer for them so the club will need to get off its ass or will be losing out on free equipment.

Say it aint so!!!!

There IS a freestyle night!!!!! Sunday night!! If you don't believe me, come up on sunday and hit the jumps!

Who is buying the rails????? :eek:

Anyone who wants to come on a sunday is very welcome to come. (not that i own sundays or anything, I'm not even an instructor, just an enthusiastic freestyler!) The more the merrier! The more ppl, the more stuff we get to take out!

There has been a shortage of DIN setters (or ski instructors) for Sunday in the past to allow skiers to rent skis, so you need your own skis to ski. (unless you can bribe a ski instructor to come up with you!)

There is regularly a good crew up there on sundays, bit of banter and the odd pint or two afterwards in palmers. Starts at 6, ends at 8.30. I bought my season pass the other day, so I'll be up there every sunday! (and any other freestyle night that comes along!)

so what has to be done to get a freestyle night???

What is some other buyer going to do with them though??? use them in their back garden???

2 of the snowdomes across the water are intrested in them and have are coming to look at them.

If the club organise and run a freestlye night the features are theirs at no cost or charge.

If you want a full freestyle night with instructors there so it is open to everyone eveen if they dont have skis / boots mail the club and tell them. That is the only prob with Sunday nights is that is is only really open to people with their own kit and their is a lack of club support and instructors for people.

What we are trying to do is get a night with all the stuff available and a freestyle instructor there. Supported by the club and with its own sponsor (Already have one lined up)
    We even have a fully qualified freestyle coach now so no excuse.

Get on the mail and let the SCI know there is interest.

just mailed them there....hopefully it was a powerfull mail...i felt it was!!! fingers crossed!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I wish Kilternan was nearer to Mayo:(

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/gromcamps

I_luv_2_ski! Sadly none of you but there are 1 or 2 of the other half

sarsfield06 Think I seen a few of you in here.

am i bovvered Plenty of cheap and cheerful B&B near buy if you ever want to stay down for a night, plenty of one day stuff on a Saturday now if you are intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhyno7

Guys i think what we all need to do now on the back of the grom camp is start putting pressure on the club as one big group of Freestyle skiers, not just in 1's and 2's. I have massive respect for the guys on sunday nights and i have massive respect for Fattes for what they have both achieved so far. But i think our voice will be stronger as one big group. The club seem to listen to Fattes for some reason so lets all get behind him and get this sorted. I dont think it matters who is talking to the club as long as they are prepared to listen and we get a freestyle night with the full support of the club ie : instructor Din setter etc every night.

Fattes wrote: »
    We even have a fully qualified freestyle coach now so no excuse.

Get this guy up on sunday night and BANG! there is your freestyle night!

Theres loads of slope space, so plenty of room for all!! Myself, granty, and the UCD ski crew will be up there this sunday along with all the usual suspects.

It would be really cool if the new features could come out, as there are quite a few ppl who didn't get to ride them at the grom camp.

rhyno7 wrote: »
    Guys i think what we all need to do now on the back of the grom camp is start putting pressure on the club as one big group of Freestyle skiers, not just in 1's and 2's. I have massive respect for the guys on sunday nights and i have massive respect for Fattes for what they have both achieved so far. But i think our voice will be stronger as one big group. The club seem to listen to Fattes for some reason so lets all get behind him and get this sorted. I dont think it matters who is talking to the club as long as they are prepared to listen and we get a freestyle night with the full support of the club ie : instructor Din setter etc every night.

I'm totally with you there!!! :D

Fattes: I know...clearly I was too good looking for any of d photographers!!! hahaha I'll just have to do the next one and make sure I'm in photos!!! lol

Actually random...theres going to be more freestyle grom camps in the future,,,the next one being in feb so why would they sell the structures??? it makes no sense!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rhyno7

paulharte wrote: »
    Get this guy up on sunday night and BANG! there is your freestyle night!

Theres loads of slope space, so plenty of room for all!! Myself, granty, and the UCD ski crew will be up there this sunday along with all the usual suspects.

It would be really cool if the new features could come out, as there are quite a few ppl who didn't get to ride them at the grom camp.

Guys this is how the ski club works. its not just a case of bring up a coach and were away. There are a number of steps that an instructor/coach must do before he/she is allowed to teach first he/she must become a member of the club, on doing this he/she must then apply to join the panel of instructors for the ski club of ireland.I am currently trying to get on the panel as an instructor and at this time the club are saying that there are to many instructors on the panel and are not taking anyone new on for the moment.

Like i said in my previous post the club are listening to fattes so lets just get behind him give him support and we will get a freestyle night recognised by the club.

Advertisement