Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone router

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,got a vodafone router the other day and its not working some pages won't open for me plus my phone doesn't work when its on this didn't happen when i had my eircom router anyone else have simalar problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Moved to broadband.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joeyjoeie

Hi guys,got a vodafone router the other day and its not working some pages won't open for me plus my phone doesn't work when its on this didn't happen when i had my eircom router anyone else have simalar problems

I had the same problem contacted the support and got them to send me out the Myxel router and works better. The new router freaked out my line the same as yours

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seregrail7

Is it the Huawei one? A few people have had the same problems, it's a rubbish router and you'd be better off using your Eircom one.

yes mine was the Huawei router, the myxel router kept dropping the dsl as well so after getting another new router looks the same as the Huawei but its a bewan branded on working perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes that Huawei router wouldn't find its own arse, let alone a laptop connecting wirelessly. Wen't back to my original wireless router by just updating the settings. Vodafone modem has been consigned to the back of the wardrobe forever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

tallpaul wrote: »
    Yes that Huawei router wouldn't find its own arse, let alone a laptop connecting wirelessly. Wen't back to my original wireless router by just updating the settings. Vodafone modem has been consigned to the back of the wardrobe forever!!

Now there really is a fair number of people getting rid of this router and having a lot better time without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm still using mine!
    Did have to drop the security down a notch, so that the XBox would see it, but it's working fine now on WPA-PSK.

Finally got my internet sorted and talked to a guy in Vodafone that knew his stuff. My dsl was dropping connection every 25-30mins and the Huawei modem was shorting out my line also.
    They sent out a different modem a 'bewan' modem and its working perfectly I'd recommend anyone to ask them to send this one out rather than that piece of junk huawei. this has taken 2 months to sort out and finally getting a service i'm paying for. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I've the Huawei router: how do I switch it to mixed mode for my xbox?

Advertisement