Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ireland lose" says Sky News. Not "France win" no?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roflrofl

"Feeling a little blue" rofl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

People who read sky news are more likely to be Irish or be interested in Irish news. Therefore Irish Lose is more relevant than France Win

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

People who read sky news are more likely to be Irish or be interested in Irish news. Therefore Irish Lose is more relevant than France Win
    That.

The story is always framed for the intended audience where it's relevant to do so. Or it should be if you'd like people to watch it.

You're highlighting the possibility of a sleight that doesn't exist in this universe. Actually, if anything it demonstrates that the people who pout the story together are aware that there are many Irish Sky subscribers. That'd be the opposite of a sleight then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

As Sceptre said, there doesn't appear to any sleight here.

Incidentally I saw the Sky News report on the match this morning and the opening line by the newsreader was "Ireland are in with a chance" (as opposed to say "France look like they're going to South Africa"), which is a little generous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭GSF

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Damien Pearse, Sky News Online
    A story written by a guy called "Damien Pearse" anti-Irish? I suppose he could be an Aussie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I've been really upset at how Sky- in general - have covered this. They've clearly tried to make this much more of an issue than it was/is. You could even see it in the players' comments at the end of the game that they were accepting of what happened. Sky have really gone a bit too far here, I believe; and, of course, the public have latched onto this too.

I really enjoyed listening to Roy Keane's reality check today.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭GSF

Kevster wrote: »
    I've been really upset at how Sky- in general - have covered this. They've clearly tried to make this much more of an issue than it was/is. You could even see it in the players' comments at the end of the game that they were accepting of what happened. Sky have really gone a bit too far here, I believe; and, of course, the public have latched onto this too.

I really enjoyed listening to Roy Keane's reality check today.

Kevin
    You should listen to Liveline if you want a more measured perspective:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

Obviously thats the head line! It wouldnt even be featured on the news only for the way we lost.

do ya think sky would be flashing france won ever five minutes if there was no hand ball and it was just a regular game of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

...can't listen to Liveline... ...I emigrated to the UK three months ago!

Advertisement