Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tragus _ cork tattoo zoo pleasee please?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

i want my tragus done but with a labret stud ( stud but flat on the back no ball on back) i rang tattoo zoo but they said they have hoops or a curved bar ? i really want it with a labret stud they are much smaller and nicer ( for me any way) i want to get it done in tattoo zoo mainly beacause i heard soo much good things from them! but i dont know now like? please answer me ? really appriciate it ! btw do you have 2 have a guairdan ( mam or dad over 18) if im under 16?:confused: thank u

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What are you trying to get by starting a thread? I will answer your questions though

You can use labret posts in tragus' but they will have to be long enough to accomadate for swelling after the piercing. It's up to the piercer though usually.

You will most likely need a parent with you if under 18, and if you are under 16 it's down to the policy of the studio whether they will pierce you or not, regardless if you have parents present or not.

It's a hard piercing to heal and you need to follow aftercare instructions to the letter and be very dedicated for it to heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I get pierced in tattoo zoo a lot and I can confirm that yes they do only pierce tragus with curved barbells (or cbrs). There is nothing wrong with it at all, once healed a labret stud can be inserted.
    The age for a tragus in there is 16 so you'll be fine.
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RoiSinxO

!!! wrote: »
    I get pierced in tattoo zoo a lot and I can confirm that yes they do only pierce tragus with curved barbells (or cbrs). There is nothing wrong with it at all, once healed a labret stud can be inserted.
    The age for a tragus in there is 16 so you'll be fine.
    Good luck!
    im actually not 16 yet though?
    im 14

i started a thread because im new 2 this

Cool beans :)

Well unfortunately you are gonna have to wait :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Your parent is gonna have to go along so..

• Advertisement

ah thats grand so i was just worryied incase they wouldnt pierce it cause im 14 even with an adult ! im happy now ! thanks so guys! helped so much:D btw did it hurt ye bad? :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

It hurts slightly more than other piercings, but not alot really. Its just like a little pinch is all, or like getting stung by a bee or wasp.. YOu'll be fine.

btw what do they give u 2 clean it??

Most studios give you nothing, you are expected to clean it yourself with a salt water solution.

Boil a kettle full of water. Let it cool so you don't burn yourself.
    Put some into a cup or make a big batch and put it in a clean bottle.
    Add in sea salt (no other salt) until the mixture tastes like tears.
    Clean at most twice a day, can be done using either hot or cold as long as the water has been boiled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

if you think a particular piercer is good enough to pierce you, you should respect their views on initial jewerly.

Will wrote: »
    Most studios give you nothing, you are expected to clean it yourself with a salt water solution.

Boil a kettle full of water. Let it cool so you don't burn yourself.
    Put some into a cup or make a big batch and put it in a clean bottle.
    Add in sea salt (no other salt) until the mixture tastes like tears.
    Clean at most twice a day, can be done using either hot or cold as long as the water has been boiled.
    thanks :D so if i big a big batch its ok to leave it in the bottle?

should be, wouldn't leave it for too long though.

Hot2Def's advice is worth takin on board also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I think it's Noel does the piercings in there now, he reopened my conch before, sound guy. Carol did all my other piercings and I remember young kids used come in and she told them she wouldn't pierce them at all, regardless of parents with them or not. You may want to ask have they amended that policy.

ya i am okay with what they pierce it now i dont care about the labret stud! i went in sat with my mam and the place was wrecked over the floods :P but he said come back monday:cool:

Advertisement