Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost to Spray Alloy Wheels

Options
  • 14-11-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys, i'm looking to spray my alloy wheels charcoal grey, anyone got any idea of how much this will hurt my pocket? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Are you doing it yourself or getting someone to do it for you? How daamaged are the wheels, is there any grazing on the edges?
    I got quoted €150 from a mobile guy, €200 from my local spray painter to do a set of wheels that were in reasonable condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I got my wheels done not so long ago for 200 if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

paid 40e per wheel in reasonable cond. to a chap in Limerick

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

40 euro per wheel to get wheels powdercoated (better job than paint) in Europlates Trim road Dunboyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

40 euro per wheel to get wheels powdercoated (better job than paint) in Europlates Trim road Dunboyne.
    Hi, what colour powder coat did you get? I suppose the real question is can you powder coat silver? I remember doing powder coating in the metalwork lab in school many, many years ago & I always associate it with a very "plastic" finish in solid colours only. It was a long time ago though.

• Advertisement

I had wheels done there in Black, and also in Silver. They turned out better than i expected, and are lasting good. Motorbike and Car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Was that just for painting or was there any refurb work?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Was that just for painting or was there any refurb work?

That was for cleaning preparation (sandblasting) and powdercoating.
    There were no dents in wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Was that the entire alloy or just the visible surface?

Was that the entire alloy or just the visible surface?

ENTIRE ALLOYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

got mine done recently at collins engineering in Bray. Excellent job.

Advertisement