Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT QUESTION

Options
  • 14-11-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to tell me how i could get a VRT quote for a car thats not listed on the revenues VRT calculator.
    E.g. A lotus elise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get the VIN number and call the VRT office who will most likely give it to Rosslare to generate a quote and then call you back with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Berty wrote: »
    Get the VIN number and call the VRT office who will most likely give it to Rosslare to generate a quote and then call you back with it.
    Thanks
    I'll try that on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

I cleared a car 6 months ago that was not listed on the VRT website.
    I was able to clear it at my local VRT office but I had to provide documentary proof of the emissions, my VRT payment was based on the category my emissions figure fell into.
    The later Elises are very envoirnmentally friendly emissions wise, the111s figure is 163g/km which is the same as a Ford Ka.
    Best of luck because Customs have a great deal of lattitude which they generally use to throw up the highest possible quote. My brother imported one of the old 123 Mercs and they screwed him on the basis that it was a "collectible".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

have a look in the lotus forum on octane.ie - you'll get a lot of info there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

doesnt the elise have a 1.8 celica engine in them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mikehn wrote: »
    Best of luck because Customs have a great deal of lattitude which they generally use to throw up the highest possible quote. My brother imported one of the old 123 Mercs and they screwed him on the basis that it was a "collectible".
    They're not as bad as they were methinks.
    I only got charged the minimum of €720 in September for another "collectible" car.
    Make sure you point out all the car's bad points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Bonito wrote: »
    doesnt the elise have a 1.8 celica engine in them?

in the mk2 its the same toyota engine as used in the celica alright

though doubt that'd have much bearing on the VRT (?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Wossack wrote: »
    in the mk2 its the same toyota engine as used in the celica alright

though doubt that'd have much bearing on the VRT (?)
    well it wouldnt be far off really :) if anything it might be less than a celica since its lighter so the engine wouldnt be burning as much to move it along? It's an idea but they cant reallly rip you with it when you know where the engine comes from :)

Wrong, the 111s and 111r have Toyota engines, the earlier MK2 cars have the Rover K-Series.

And they fall into the 32% bracket now. I got a quote a few weeks ago for 05 111r - they came back with an OMSP of €26,000.

Someone else got these quotes last week:
    2000 Lotus Exige : OMSP €26,000
    2005 111r : OMSP €31,000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

the 111s is a rover lump

fwiw, my post was more a generalisation on the mk2 more commonly having the toyota, and the mk1 having the rover

• Advertisement

Yea sorry, the 111s was the Rover VVC, the Elise S and the 111r are the Toyota engined cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

steve06 wrote: »
    Yea sorry, the 111s was the Rover VVC, .

A Rover WC ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

steve06 wrote: »
    have a look in the lotus forum on octane.ie - you'll get a lot of info there.
    thanks

Advertisement