Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Bass at Newpark

Options
  • 14-11-2009 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience doing lessons with the school and how you found them? Just to confirm, i'm not talking about the Jazz degree but the actual individual lessons. The lessons are €400 per semester for 18 x half hour lessons. And feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Des Claypool

hey man i did them a year ago and thought they were brilliant the tutor will figure out where ya need the help and work on it, its really worth while, i want to do more but i'm just too broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BloatedPope

As with any individual lessons, it depends on the teacher. I'm a full time student there. Ask for Cormac O'Brien and you're sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 som

hi, does anyone know about drum lessons at newpark? -or just generally does anyone know of good jazz drummers who give lessons?... i used to do the group improv lessons years ago & found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Do you have to be of a decent standard to go to there?

Ive only been playing for about a year and think its time to get some lessons.

Do you reckon Id be way over my head or do they cater for all levels?

Do you have to be of a decent standard to go to there?

Ive only been playing for about a year and think its time to get some lessons.

Do you reckon Id be way over my head or do they cater for all levels?

The jazz degree demands a high standard but for individual lessons, anyone can apply

• Advertisement

Cool,

I might give them a call tomorrow.

Cool,

I might give them a call tomorrow.

I definitely recommend it but seriously ask for Cormac O'Brien

Yeh I know a few people who did the degree and they reckon he is the man alright.

Advertisement