Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chapmans Auction Saturday 14th November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Was the auction for Chapmans not already a few months back?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Was the auction for Chapmans not already a few months back?

Think you're right. Chapman's was earlier in year. This is being held in Chapmans. Viewed cars there yesterday. There were some with No plates/window stickers from Casey's, Canavans, Drive Motor Group. Surprised to see Sean Beehan's name on some of the Range Rover's, but perhaps they were traded in elsewhere.
    One thing that surprised me was that one of the cars at the auction which is labeled as Liquidation Auction is on Carzone being sold by a former Volvo (now Ford) dealer. I would have expected that these cars would be held somewhere by the liquidator. Might be wrong, but almost certain it's the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

was looking at the 08 mondeo's. did you see them today? what money do you think cars will make? most auctions here seem to make near retail....

Saw Mondeo there but didn't take much interest in it. I asked felle working for auctioneers if there was reserve. He said not. Had hoped to go tomorrow but looks doubtful at this stage.

anyone at this today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Was anyone at this? Anyone got any prices of what the cars went for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Dropped in for about half an hour. All new or nearly new stock but anthing decent was making good money. Alot of Volvo 09 S40 1.6Ds were making about 18-19K. Unreg Range Rovers were making 40-43K with another 36k VRT payable. The had a few 08-09 V70s making late 20's but they were 2.0 petrol with manual boxes. €1050 tax p.a. No great bargains there tbh and a huge crowd. Would like to see what everything made though.

Friend of mine was at it and just sent me list of what everything made. What were u asking about. The S80's went for 17,000. I was interested in the V70 Auto diesel. It went for 25500. The 08 Freelander Auto went for 21k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Those 2 litre S80 and V70 Flexifuel's don't really make any sense anymore under the new VRT system. The engine is also a very uninspiring normally aspirated four-cylinder unit as well and would be best described as 'adequate' in its performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

Jomcc wrote: »
    Friend of mine was at it and just sent me list of what everything made. What were u asking about. The S80's went for 17,000. I was interested in the V70 Auto diesel. It went for 25500. The 08 Freelander Auto went for 21k.
    any idea what "lot 51" the defender went for? cheers

• Advertisement

landydef wrote: »
    any idea what "lot 51" the defender went for? cheers

15,000. As far as I know VAT, VRT + Auctioneers fees are extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

kindalen wrote: »
    was looking at the 08 mondeo's. did you see them today? what money do you think cars will make? most auctions here seem to make near retail....
    18500 plus costs!!

thats mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

does anyone know what the red transit connect made? thanks

Oh ooo!!!!!! My list says 6000 for Transit connect. If that price is wrong, I had better not give any more in case they are wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

Really it made 8k?? :confused:

aristo wrote: »
    Really it made 8k?? :confused:

sorry the 280 transit made 8

Advertisement