Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert stoves

Options
  • 13-11-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi
    I've a few questions about stoves! I've had a look back through the old posts but have a few more specific questions. I was just wondering if any of you have had an insert stove installed? They're the ones which sit right into the fireplace hole iykwim?

I've already bombarded the man in the fireplace shop which questions, anyone would think it's a house I'm buying and not just a stove :p

Anyway, if any of you have one, would you say they provide enough heat? And do they look good? I had convinced myself that I wanted a freestanding one (for aesthetic reasons) but the guy in the shop has convinced me other wise. He reckons that the inserts are just as efficient and we wouldn't have to have do any work on the fireplace as it just slots in. He said with the freeestanding ones, when you open the door, that there is a chance that ash/fuel would spill out onto the wooden floor because even though the stove would be on the hearth, when you opened the door it would open out past the hearth - that wouldn't happen with an insert because it sits further back.

Anyway, feedback of any kind on insert stoves appreciated! I haven't a clue what I'm doing :o

Thanks

Advertisement