Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop not connecting to router

Options
  • 13-11-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Firstly I use eircom broadband and have a compaq laptop. Up untill this morning (when the power to my laptop was accidently switched off) I havent had any problems connecting to my wireless network.

Now when I switch it on and try and connect it tells me a key. Which I have enttered correctly three times. But each time all I get is "Windows cannot connect to Eircom"

My laptop reconised the network but can connect, I have disabled the privacy setting. But I still cant connect. Any thoughs

Ps Im using Vista

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Blarggggh

Ok so once I turn off the wep on my wireless. My laptop is able to connect. But once I turn it back on I cant I changed the settings on my laptopr, tried restoring to a earlier config and nothing. Can anyone help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Connect using a cable, change WEP to WPA, set a new password. Then go back to wireless connection and enter the new password on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

You need to shut down the laptop fully and start up again,
    This is a common issue.
    Causes problems when in hibernate or sleep mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

why dont you do a system restore, thats why its there to restore files back to a date it was all working.

Advertisement