Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique Pocket Watch

Options
  • 13-11-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'd like to find a nice antique pocket watch. Early days so I have no budget so to speak but would maybe spend a few hundred. Maybe up to 3 or 400 maybe. Can anyone reocmmend some good, reputable places to look and things that I should look out for? Newbie really in this field! thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well ebay can be a good place, IF you know what you're looking for and if you're willing to take a risk.

If I was looking for a pocket watch or any vintage watch this place http://finertimes.com/asp/watches/query.asp?Title=Pocket+Watches&SubTitle=+-+%24200+and+%24500&Where=%28%28Publish_Price%3C=500%29AND%28Publish_Price%3E200%29AND%28TypeCode=7%29%29&TypeCode=7&PriceCode=2 is where I would go. Nice stock, fair price and good to deal with.

Have a look at some of the military stuff for nice quality and a nice history too. Pocket watches are still undervalued compared to wrist. There's stuff that would be in your budget that if it was a wristwatch you'd need to remortgage the house:).

r497.jpg
    at near 500 dollars a bit out of your range, but very cool with its 24 hour dial.

rx2744.jpg
    Cant go far wrong at 299 dollars

rm933.jpg

Or this Zenith for 390.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks Wibbs! I'll keep a eye on that site. I'd be intersted in getting people's opinions on here if I find a few things that take my fancy so I might post up some selections later!

Advertisement