Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband conundrum?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

Ok this is a bit of a long one but , with BT Broadband over a year now and never really any problems, but in the last 2 weeks my internet has gone haywire. It opens up say google or a simple website but anything with pictures or more complex webpage and it takes forever or stalls. Rang the helpline and they said the speed i'm getting is normal but tried to test download speed at ftp.esat.net and it won't download anything freezes after 1% if it gets that far, so he said then it must be my computer and settings with anit-virus or something or to maybe try different browser. So as it kinda needed it anyways wiped the laptop put on a fresh windows XP and SP3 and re-set the network connection only for the problem to be the exact same. Then went and got Mozilla from work and set it up only for it to be the same, then went and got a loan of someone elses laptop only for the problem to be the same. Then have taken out the router, reset it, tried it straight into the wall as opposed to micro filter and still the same. Now am pretty much stumped and after ringing their helpline 3 times pretty fed up and half thinking of ringing up NTL to see what their package is like. Anyone any suggestions or ideas what this could be or if anyone experiencing similiar problems? Am in the Stillorgan area and am using BT Voyager 2110

Thanks in advance, JR

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

1) What version of firmware is your router running?
    2) What is your line syncing at?*
    3) Can you post your SNR and attenuation?*

* = can be found by going to 192.168.1.1 -> advanced ->Advanced -> Status -> Broadband line.

Advertisement