Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsimmer A320 (Basic Edition)

Options
  • 13-11-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this yet? What's the verdict?

Have been following this project for ages but am holding off on purchasing until they clarify if there'll be an upgrade path for when the Advanced edition is released. It's a bit of a farce that they don't have an answer for this yet :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

basic edition! sounds like another captain sim project.

i dont expect this to rival leveld or pmdg products

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

drdeadlift wrote: »
    basic edition! sounds like another captain sim project.

i dont expect this to rival leveld or pmdg products

I think if it delivers on most of what they say it will, then it will definitely rival, if not surpass, Level D and PMDG.

The bus is a very very complex plane. Far more complex that the 767, and about the same as the MD11.

I reckon it was cashflow problems that made them release the Basic edition. It has been in development for over 3 years now so its understandable.

Have you watched any of the videos? Stuff like brakes not working if your hydraulics are turned off and the accumulator runs out. I dont know of any other addon that does that?

John_Mc wrote: »
    I think if it delivers on most of what they say it will, then it will definitely rival, if not surpass, Level D and PMDG.

The bus is a very very complex plane. Far more complex that the 767, and about the same as the MD11.

I reckon it was cashflow problems that made them release the Basic edition. It has been in development for over 3 years now so its understandable.

Have you watched any of the videos? Stuff like brakes not working if your hydraulics are turned off and the accumulator runs out. I dont know of any other addon that does that?

will you be able to buy it off the shelf in irl,if i spent 90 on an addon i would expect nout less than the rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

drdeadlift wrote: »
    will you be able to buy it off the shelf in irl,if i spent 90 on an addon i would expect nout less than the rivals

I don't know if they plan on distributing it in bricks and mortar shops. The commerce system they use is with Flight 1 though. It's $90 for the advanced, not €90.

You're completely right though, after spending that type of money I want something as stable as LDS767 and as complex as PMDG.

sure it will be interesting to see what an airbus looks like when its properly modelled into fs:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement