Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to get a car salavged .

Options
  • 13-11-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Had accident last week...lot of body work repairs on car but have opted to take the insurance money and get a different car.

I get to keep the car but want to find someone to take it as no interest in getting the work done .

any advice on where to find either good scrap merchants or people interested in taking a car ( still drive able ) that might do the work themselves.

its an 03 Honda CRV..

...and sorry if this isn;t the right forum - I'm not wanting to advertise or anything like that , just want to get any pointers or advice on this .

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you wanting to get rid of it or sell it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendoj

I thought insurance company would want to sell it for salvage / parts or whatever, but in this case, as its not a write off, then its up to me what I do with it.

So , I've no real idea , but I presumed that a breaker or salvage guy might give a few hundred for it, and at least it would offset some of my costs.

If there was another option , or car auction or somethign where i could put it up for sale I might give that a go.

Advertisement