Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st annes park dog run?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

is there a dog run in st annes park? if so where?
    i know there is one in marley park, but its a little far for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 emeraldgreen

can anyone tell me if there is a dog park area in st annes, i remember going before but couldnt find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Hi, yep there is a dog run, it's just up from the tennis courts, beside the racing track. Just near where the recycling centre was. I have to say though, it's pretty miserable.

However you can walk your dog off lead everyday in St Annes, up until 11am. And for the last daylight hour every evening.

Hope that helps.

great thanks. marlay park is just too far for me to go, as much as i love the dog! is there many dogs there usually at the weekends do you know? and roughly what size is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

There are never any dogs in it. Actually once I saw a dog in it. But there are lots of dogs running around the park at the weekend.
    It's probably about the size of 1/3 of a football pitch if a little smaller. But it's on concrete with 1 bench in it. Pretty grim looking.

Do you have to keep your dog on lead?

yes, she is a playful boxer, so if she sees another dog and she is off the lead she belts on me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

My guy is the exact same!!! Have yet to find the one in St Anne's Pk although the stories I heard don't make me eager. I live on the north side too and Its too far for Marley (I have been 4 times though), but marley is a great place, always lovely dogs running around and people are very friendly. If you canget over just once, do you won't regret it. The phoenox park is great as there is always a space with no one else (or other dogs!) to let them off the lead for a run.

Advertisement