Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a little oven

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:41am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

Looking to see if these units are any good and where to pick one up in Dublin please.

I dont know the name of them, i have seen them for sale in the independant gift catalogue recently, they are something like this

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/deni_quick-n-easy_convection_oven.html?gid=KITCHEN

or

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/nuwave_oven.html?gid=KITCHEN

I'm looking for something to cook veg and meet in at the same time, reasonable quickly but not a micro. I'm kind of stuck with a crappy integrated oven that takes an age to make toast or roast chicken.

I'd like to stress again that it is something like the above but not limited to the above, just the general concept, I remember another one that used a spoon of oil and roasted beef and made chips etc.

So if there is someone here useing one of these regularly and thinks it is good I'd like to know, also can you stick it in the dishwasher (the bowl part) or is is something that sits in peoples sheds beside the electric hairbrush and the soda-stream?

thanks i advance for the advice, Ideally I'd like to go pick one up today.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm pretty sure I saw the JML one in Dunne's.

I don't have one but think they look really good, especially if you're only cooking for 1 or 2. As far as I know the bowl is diswasher proof.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd be a little worried about how that actually cooks meat. Anyone got one?

Looks like it'd certainly be great to steam veggies.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thanks all, I'd like to know what they are like too, as I want one, but only if they work

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

I have one of the JML ones and I find it great, have cooked everything from meat to veg to potatoes in it and no problems. THere is only myself and the missus in the house so it's ideal instead of turning on the main oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Lidl have small ovens at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement