Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get b sides/rare tracks?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭

Where could I get B sides/rare tracks?
    I'm looking for stuff in general but specifically from
    Arcade Fire
    The National
    Red house painters
    They might be giants

Electronic B sides/rare tracks:
    Dan Deacon
    Etienne De Crecy
    The field
    Kaito
    Daft Punk
    Cheers,
    pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

legally? Itunes...... ebay....... record shops...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

if you want the physical item rather than an mp3/wav, etc... try discogs (www.discogs.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

IMO that's one great thing about 'downloading' music, you can find the rarest of tracks online. There's a few early 90's bands whose albums I'm looking for and it really isn't an easy task. If only more stores took laser cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If you're looking for unreleased stuff, to be honest, the best places to find them are the individual forums of each band. They'll know what they're talking about, where to get it, and what's actually worth hearing; bear in mind that sometimes, songs are unreleased for the simple reason that they're not very good.

Arcade Fire, for instance, have quite a few unreleased tracks floating around under the name, but most of it comes from a very old and different incarnation of the band that sounds very different and wasn't particularly good. There's also a number of tracks available from filesharing networks labelled "Arcade Fire" that aren't theirs at all.

Advertisement