Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotmail request for password and username

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi I just received an e-mail from supposedly hotmail looking for verification that the account I use every day is still in use. If I dont respond with my username and password I will be deleted in 48 hours.
    Anyone know ho to contact hotmail about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's a scam to get you to give out your passwords. Just ignore and delete it.

Haven't you ever heard "we never ask our customers for their password...."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 hiwayman

Sleipnir wrote: »
    It's a scam to get you to give out your passwords. Just ignore and delete it.

Haven't you ever heard "we never ask our customers for their password...."?
    I've done that, but I'm curious, is it wide spread, or was I just randomly picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Widespread, everyone gets them at some point. For email accounts, bank accounts etc etc. It's called 'phishing'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

And unfortunately not everyone has the cop on to ask here, they just send off their secret details.

Advertisement