Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a ghost fill my glass?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

I always go to bed with a glass of water.
    I went to reach for it tonight in the dark and knocked it. Managed to save a little bit which I drank straight away. I disregarded the glass for around 40 mins to one hour then picked it up. I felt some weight in it.
    Looked and there was a FULL glass of water! :eek: A little shocked but more relieved because was thirsty anyway.
    So. Can/ Is, a ghostly/ spirit/ thing known to fill water instead of just banging presses? I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

I'm sober and not on any drugs.

I said thank you out loud just incase :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

congo_90 wrote: »

Good thinking! I say thank you out loud after every ghostly experioence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Could have been just a false awakening.. I used to get it alot of the time. It's quite freaky when you don't understand what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

dlofnep wrote: »
    Could have been just a false awakening.. I used to get it alot of the time. It's quite freaky when you don't understand what's happening.

I would totally agree with the above poster,
    I have experienced them type of dreams now and again, yes it feels so real, and you do think your going off your head at times. But i am not saying this as being your answer just that i have experienced like you false awakenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Is there a history of possible paranormal activity in your house?

Also could you have refilled it yourself, say sleep walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

but the freaky thing is that i was on the laptop the whole time! I know I spilt the water then put the glass upright.

There's never been any paranormal activity noted in my house (it's 4 years old).
    I can't think of any logical way for the glass to re-fill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

As dlofnep said, I would say its possible it was a false awakening. There is lots of information online about false awakenings, there is nothing to be worried about either.

Spooky to think it was a false awakening. That would have required me to fall asleep sitting upright(ish) in my bed with the laptop. something like this happened before but I was actually asleep and had a false awakening with dreams associated to it.

This seems the most logical reason. A long standing interest in this forum and some level of doubt was on me when I posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If you are in any doubt that it was a false awakening, was there any evidence of the spilt water, was the floor wet or the table that the glass was on?

The way the glass fell was inbetween my bed and the bed side locker. There was only a drop left in it when it fell. I put the glass back upright and forgot all about it. I always bring a glass of water with me to bed and was restless last night.
    I guess theres no other answer for it anyways. Thanks for advice. Would've been nice if there was some genuine paranormal activity or a spirit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Id like a spirit to fill my glass:)

• Advertisement

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Id like a spirit to fill my glass:)

I'd like two to fill my glass too. but the lack of not being female reduces those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Id like a spirit to fill my glass too!

Ever have a hangover and the next morning you dream that you have actually gone to the kitchen and got a glass of water. Only to wake up and its not there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

I get the one where im eating an ice cream and then wake up and look at my hand but there is never an ice cream.. Makes me cry sometimes..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

No.

Thats not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

neil_purdy wrote: »
    I get the one where im eating an ice cream and then wake up and look at my hand but there is never an ice cream.. Makes me cry sometimes..:(

What is it that you wake up eating then...?

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I've heard of ghosts also doing the dishes and other household chores.

So I'd say it's possible. All sorts of helpul ghosts out there.

This one can even get stuck in with the hover, although some spirits don't take kindly to a loud hover waking them apparantly, so beware;

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I always go to bed with a glass of water.
    I went to reach for it tonight in the dark and knocked it. Managed to save a little bit which I drank straight away. I disregarded the glass for around 40 mins to one hour then picked it up. I felt some weight in it.
    Looked and there was a FULL glass of water! :eek: A little shocked but more relieved because was thirsty anyway.
    So. Can/ Is, a ghostly/ spirit/ thing known to fill water instead of just banging presses? I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

I'm sober and not on any drugs.

I was reading the december issue of Paranormal Magazine and found a story about the Aspley House pub in Hampshire. Here's a bit online about it:
    Apsley House
    What can be more frustrating than having a rowdy spirit in your business establishment? How about one giving away drinks for free? An UK pub called Apsley House in Southsea, Hampshire is precisely having that problem.

The pub was once a Victorian girls school. Then, later, used as offices by the city council. The building was then turned in to a pub in the 1960s. The resident poltergeist was nicknamed “Reedy” after the legendary actor and drinker Oliver Reed. Janice and Patrick McCormack took ownership of the pub a decade ago but the free refills problem didn’t begin until the beginning of this year. Whenever a customer visits the restroom or puts their drink down for a second, they turn to find an extra inch of beer.

The owners are happy their little bar is attracting new customers. Not so much that its people hoping to get the free beer. Even more so because it is costing them money. Their frustrations have pushed them to hold a séance and attempt to exorcise the ghost from Apsley House.

http://www.paranormalmagazine.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I have a ghost that follows me around and eats all my chocolate!:D

6th wrote: »
    I was reading the december issue of Paranormal Magazine and found a story about the Aspley House pub in Hampshire. Here's a bit online about it:

http://www.paranormalmagazine.co.uk/

Hmm... I'll be sure to forward this one onto my manager. See if we can integrate it into a student bar :D Think they'll believe it?
    Emme wrote: »
    I have a ghost that follows me around and eats all my chocolate!:D

I'm sorry but it's not a ghost. It's just me. I get hungry :(

My poor thread has been reduced to chocolate 'ghosts' of what was originally a genuine concern of paranormal activity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Hmm... I'll be sure to forward this one onto my manager. See if we can integrate it into a student bar :D Think they'll believe it?

I'm sorry but it's not a ghost. It's just me. I get hungry :(

My poor thread has been reduced to chocolate 'ghosts' of what was originally a genuine concern of paranormal activity.

Your Lucky that all it was hijacked over was chocolate ghosts lol

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i went in and filled it.

You are welcome

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah. I noticed that. And as your local s.o.h. police can I remind y'all to stick to the topic and not so many puns? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd like to fill my glass with a spirit...preferably vodka.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

As to the original topic. Even if we suppose that a ghost or spirit DID fill the glass, my main concern would be where the water itself came from... Or why.

Let's face it, if we presume ghosts are dead people, who in their right mind would spend their afterlife doing something as mundane as that?

Advertisement