Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pains of being pure at heart

Options
  • 13-11-2009 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

A friend gave me their new album a couple of weeks ago, had a few listens over the last week or so. Pretty nice without being outstanding. Anyone else into them? I think they're playing here soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Yeah i love their album it's so addictive, it's definatly one of the albums of the year for me. 'Stay Alive' is one of the best songs i've heard this year, the album really has no shortage of indie-pop gems.
    You should give Higher Than The Stars EP a listen as well. It's nearly as good as their album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Utterly whimsical C86 crud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

that's the most awful, pretentious name for a band i think i've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

when are they playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cinnamon girl

I like them a lot. But then there's very little on Slumberland that I don't like a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Their name strikes me as being some sort of crappy whiney indie-pop music, possibly similar to the fray.

I'll give them a chance though, and listen to the album at some point today

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

They've some nice choons on that album alright. I heard someone say they were the sum of their influences and I'd have to agree but still good for what they do.

Advertisement