Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Scene Clean Up

Options
  • 13-11-2009 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey sorry if this is the wrong forum but im not sure where else to post.

So ive been out of work for awhile (sparky) and i was trying to think of a job not alot of people would want to do (which would increase chances of employment) and i came up with a crime scene cleaner(Blood and the likes).
    Anyone know if they exist in Ireland and how to contact them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not sure how many companies are operating in Ireland, but Halcyon seem to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Arcto wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Met a guy a few years ago in a bar I was running in San Francisco. Crime Scene cleaning was his day job. One of the most fascinating guys I ever spoke to. Definitely not for the faint-hearted but he said you get used to it after a while. Ever since then I've always said that I've thought it was a great area of business to go into here. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

Halcyon are the only company in ireland certified to do crime scene cleaning. Be very careful when dealing with other companies, as they are not registered and dont have the neccessary insurance, and if something goes wrong. You can be in big trouble. I know of one company who did a place where a person killed themselves in a hotel, and there was blood all over the carpet. And the company came in, took up the carpet, and threw it in a skip. Unfortunately the hotel was liable, and they got fined an incredible amount of moeny.
    It really isnt as easy an industry to get in as you might think. The insurance is sky-high as you would imagine. imagine someone who broke into a house cut themselves, but had aids. And there was blood everywhere. And they are also one of the few people in the country who has the neccessary facilities to get rid of the toxic waste. The chemicals neccessary to clean blood are expensive. And the training for it is incredibly intense. And not to forget the general sadness of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deidrea8

Hmmm....sounds like a great choice! I have heard of Biotrauma http://www.biotrauma.com
    around my area and I know its a great way to NOT have a boring 9-5. Not sure about how much money you would make though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

did u get in touch with the Halcyon crowd?
    whats the wage like for that kind of job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Henry Ford

Generally the aftermath of crime are left with lots of mess, broken things, fingerprints and even blood. These waste products are needed to dispose of as soon as possible. Besides producing a horrible scene they also produce a danger of biohazard. Therefore in aftermath of crime when police is done with its investigation you need help of well equipped crime scene cleanup service.

http://www.actremediation.com/state-info-ohio.html

Advertisement