Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new modem + router for BT broadband, best setup?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Well, we are with BT Ireland, and in need of a new modem and router. Both are physically damaged, but still work - however the signal is not strong downstairs and and the internet just seems to disconnect quite often.

The modem that came with it must be at least 2 years old, and rather than just replace it I was wondering is there a better type to go for - same for the router, need a good signal in a 2 storey house. I would like a pretty good/stable wireless setup as we use it primarily for online poker, and it sucks alot when we get disconnected during a big hand :/

Anyone got some good suggestions? The PS3 will be connecting to the network also, if that makes a difference. Help appreciated, Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

If you're on an LLU connection make sure you get one that is ADSL2+ compatiable.

Infact I'd advise getting one even if it isn't, just in case your exchange is enabled in the future.

Advertisement