Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiss army knife in checked in luggage

Options
  • 12-11-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Can someone please advise me...my boyfriend is going to oz in four days for three months. I bought him a swiss army knife that I wanted to wrap it and put in his rucksack so that he would have a present to open on xmas morning from me. But is this ok to put in his bag??? I dont want him getting stopped at customs on the way in or anything!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Once it's not on his person or hand luggage it'll be fine. Just put it in his checked in luggage. I normally have one in my shaving gear bag in my case. Security are only concerned if you have access to it during the flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes in his checked in bag is fine , hand luggage is a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kepp it in his checked luggage,

Although, I had a swiss army card, its all the things on a small knife arranged into a card that fits into your wallet.
    I must of been on 4 flights before I noticed it, never set anything off. Its gotten to the stage where I leave it in there and see how long it'll take. Its been on at least 10 flights in a row now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Your such A terrorist....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Your such A terrorist....

LOL:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Brought a multi tool with me in checked baggage, no hassle...

Advertisement