Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running specific strength training.....HELP!

Options
  • 12-11-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Is there any standard conditioning workout that is specific to runners.I am in the process of trying to revamp my training.I'm hoping to include a circuit type work out twice a week.I have made a number of changes to the running side of my training by including some speed work,hills and tempo runs which was missing to date.So my next challange is to build up strength and core stability which i sadly lack.I hope to work out a training plan via Pfitzinger and Douglas' Advanced Marathoning program(awaiting delivery) which was recommended to me by the ever helpful Krusty Clown,Thanks Krusty.I would be grateful for some advice in relation to strenght/circuit training and interested in what other athletes are doing in relation to same.

Advertisement