Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird winter sports

Options
  • 12-11-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Good evening all.. im looking at finding some of the worlds strangest sports that are played in icy conditions..

like he Knuckle Hop - The ultimate test of stamina and strength mixed with the ability to deal with intense pain. Derived from the movement of a Seal on land - the knuckle hop is an endurance test.
    The competitor “hops” along the floor on toes and knuckles until he collapses. The longest distance wins. In 1986, Rodney Worl from Alaska set the record of 191 feet 10 inches.

any suggestions

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Skeleton not daft enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Snowblading,

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

You could build your own snow bike for the slopes... Is this bonkers enough for ye ??

snow_bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

sorry, I didnt mean for the picture to be so big. How do I resize it ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sorry, I didnt mean for the picture to be so big. How do I resize it ?

I think you can add in width and height to the image tag, but the file will still be as large, just forced into a smaller space. Something like this should do it, without the spaces:

[ IMG=800x500] <url> [/ IMG]

• Advertisement
Advertisement