Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magpul PMAGS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I had the same issue with my pmags, I found I needed to trim down the first rib on the curved side of the mag with a craft knife for them to fit right, might be a rib problem with yours too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Ditto. The 416 has a different magwell to the regular M4/M16/ACR. I had to dremel the first ridge on the inside curve off completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah the Green label PMags are a bit different in dimensions to the PTS PMags which work in any stanag magwell I've tried except the G36 stanag magwell without modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Thanks guys, I'll try that tomorrow and get back to ye.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yeah the Green label PMags are a bit different in dimensions to the PTS PMags which work in any stanag magwell I've tried except the G36 stanag magwell without modifications.

I had to mod my PTS pmags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I had to mod my PTS pmags.

Really, in the VFC 416? I only have 4 Magpul PMags but they all fit that magwell just fine, very secure, no wobble and they drop free.

I don't know about the TT 416 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Really, in the VFC 416? I only have 4 Magpul PMags but they all fit that magwell just fine, very secure, no wobble and they drop free.

I don't know about the TT 416 though.

C Chaos, You must have the more expensive pmags?

The PTS (lower cost, green lable ones) are a bit of a git in the VFC. Had to mod em also. That said - the regular (more expensive) magpuls work fine in the VFC without mod.;)

Same here regarding the TT416 - havent a clue if they work either.:confused:

Ok, I got removed the inside rib and they fit perfectly, but the 416 only fires about once every ten trigger pulls. Its working perfectly with normal stanag mags. Its the same story with my M4.
    Whats the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Try holding pressure on the mag and see if its feeds, if it does you can file a tiny bit from the catch in the top of the mag that holds the BBs in. it should feed perfectly then. :)

Tried holding pressure on the mag but does no good, and how exactly do I get into the little catch or do I have to take the mag apart?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Tried holding pressure on the mag but does no good, and how exactly do I get into the little catch or do I have to take the mag apart?
    Thanks

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Hi all
    i have the agm hk416, same story, cant find a mag to fit it for love or money, willing to try more of both at this stage. all the m4 mags will connect with the gun, none of them will feed though. if anyone has a brand / model that will fit this i'd appreciate the heads up.

Cheers

Advertisement