Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wet Veyron

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through Galveston, Texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him. The driver swerved to avoid the big bird, dropped his cell phone, and in the process the front passenger tire hit a mud patch.

Probarbly spilled his pint too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

FearDark wrote: »
    Probarbly spilled his pint too.

All over his secretary...ahem...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

homer-doh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

He's insured, super rich, doesn't give a monkeys, and will just get a new one.

I doubt he's without the use of a car anyways.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I know (of) the owner of a Veyron, and he wouldn't even take it out when the roads were wet (never mind raining) because it would take a few hours to dry everything off again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hammertime wrote: »
    He's insured, super rich, doesn't give a monkeys, and will just get a new one.

I doubt he's without the use of a car anyways.....;)

Still though, you're going to be a little pissed about putting the Veyron in the drink.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Stick it in the hotpress for a few days and it'll be grand sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through Galveston, Texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him.

Talking on the phone while driving a Veyron can be really Risky Business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What a waste :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Bryn wrote: »
    What a waste :(

Is it though? The car does nothing for me really, it's not in my top ten of supercars I'd wish to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

this is nuts, i wonder who the guy is. Cant be to hard to find out seen as there is only 15 in the US!!

Sorry for the double thread, I didnt see it had already been posted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

THe owner will get a new one Im sure but being so valuable and looking like it hasnt really been bent much, someone will strip it & rebuild it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

mickdw wrote: »
    THe owner will get a new one Im sure but being so valuable and looking like it hasnt really been bent much, someone will strip it & rebuild it.

Nah...it'll be scrapped and some mad b@stard will shoehorn that engine into a VW Golf :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

f'in spa, more money than sense...:eek:
    would it not be cheaper to just send it back to Bugatti and get em to fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

www.wreckedexotics.com here I come!!!!!:D

I'd say the insurance company will want to repair it and then he is left with a crashed, water damaged Veyron that no-one will ever want to buy......

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is it though? The car does nothing for me really, it's not in my top ten of supercars I'd wish to own.
    Oh, well then.

Some of the comments here are unreal, as if you guys would be able to do a better job driving it. It's a 1000BHP production car - a few of them are going to crash.

Murfie, there's a lot more than 15 in the U.S., don't know where you got that number from - unless you mean there are 15 for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Oh, well then.

Some of the comments here are unreal, as if you guys would be able to do a better job driving it. It's a 1000BHP production car - a few of them are going to crash.

Murfie, there's a lot more than 15 in the U.S., don't know where you got that number from - unless you mean there are 15 for sale.

From here.

The 2006 Veyron is thought to have been one of only 200 made and one of only 15 in the United States. A 2006 model was for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million. One of the prospective buyers was from Texas, The Associated Press reported in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

junkyard wrote: »
    www.wreckedexotics.com here I come!!!!!:D

wreckedexotics have a link up to a video of the crash

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/articles/041.shtml

no pelican in sight ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

no pelican in sight ...

"I'm pretty sure thats a Lambo dude"

What a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

no pelican in sight ...
    I could look at that all day..

Turns out the owner is a guy from Texas who repairs wrecked exotics???? A few people have hinted that he done it for advertising......????

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomasbu

Perhaps too coincidentally, the company restores wrecked exotics for resale, which makes this whole situation seem like something akin to a mortician offing his own family members to drum up business. Unthinkable, for sure, and we hope it's not the case here as we'd hate to discover later that this Veyron was sacrificed as a publicity stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Here's a link to the vidoe which shows the car crashing into the water

didnt see any pelican did you's

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b75_1258211165

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

No sign of any swerving there that I can see, he just waited until there was nice gentle entry point into the water from the road and drove in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

looks like he drove in.
    hope he had more than 3rd party:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That's one hell of a publicity stunt. Incredibly smart if it is.

Advertisement