Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Electronic Invoicing?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone implemented an electronic invoicing solution as a method of cutting costs. Looking for advice on who to talk to and what should I look out for. I currently generate invoices at month end using Sage Line 50.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

padkel wrote: »
    Has anyone implemented an electronic invoicing solution as a method of cutting costs. Looking for advice on who to talk to and what should I look out for. I currently generate invoices at month end using Sage Line 50.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Are you invoicing within Ireland, or do you have foreign clients. I know in Germany one needs a digital signature on e-Invoices.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Sage 50 can send out Email Invoices and Statements what more are you looking for? I can help you with this if you want.

One posting offers a service where you can send them a file of your invoices and they will post your invoices and encourage your customers to download them online so the idea is you end up with all your customers downloading their invoices from their site.

PM me if you want further details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

You should definately look at email invoices and statements, but as well as this you should also look at epayments and e-rconcile function which are also available on Sage. I have a number of clients using this and the productivity is excellent. Nigel Sage should be able help you on these also.

Regards,
    Michael
    www.perspective.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 padkel

Thanks Guys,
    I deliver mainly in the south but have some sterling accounts in the north also. I found two sites that appealed to me while searching. Interestingly oneposting.com was one, the other is accountis. I contacted them and have started dialogue with oneposting at the minute, they may be able to solve an issue I am having with delivery docket reconciliation.
    We shall see. I may be in touch shortly Nigel for advice.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Ive set up with OnePosing and have rolled out their solution over the past 2 months.

Working well I feel - some teething issues but I think customers will accept the OnePosting solution rather than asking us to email them to them ot post them

+ its free - Saves us on posting invoice and saves the accounts person sending emails

Streamlining - I luv it...!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I don't see the point in paying another company for electronic invoicing when a file can be saved as a pdf and emailed to a customer in less than 10 seconds.

The unnecessary costs some people put on their businesses astounds me.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Hi DubTony

The service is a little bit more than just emailing out statements and Invoices.

It is a portal where you can download copies of invoice etc and you can get the feedback of who has downloaded their invoices etc. The aim of these sites is that you would login on once a be able to download all your invoices from lots of suppliers.

However i understand your sentiment and there is most probably an amount of invoices that you need to go over before this is going to be a cost saving and not an increased cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

eInvoicing is more about automating the receipt and approval of Invoices, than simply emailing Invoices.

It should be about integrating a suppliers accounts Receivable system and a buyers Accounts Payable system.

Where there isn't a business case to link these directly or one party doesn't these capabilities, an eProcurement transaction hub can be used to handle the integration between the systems.

In my opinion the real benefits on our the buyer side, it can be used to substansially reduce the manual effort & costs involved in processing invoices during the invoice receipt and approval process.

By receiving the invoice electronically, it is much easier to match it to PO's & GRN's in the buyers system.

In theory, because it has taken less time to process, a supplier should be paid on time (if not sooner). This could allow a buyer to gain from any prompt payment discount you've negotiated. This should help a suppliers cash flow.

Additionally, as more organisations become "Greenaware" eInvoicing is a way to help you and your customers to achieve their corporate responsilbilities.

So the benefits aren't just in saving the cost of a stamp.

Advertisement