Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I download iTunes?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi, I have just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 on it. I am trying to download the itunes software and it will not run on my system. I have tried saving it and then running the setup software and it wont do anything! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

mosimorgan wrote: »
    Hi, I have just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 on it. I am trying to download the itunes software and it will not run on my system. I have tried saving it and then running the setup software and it wont do anything! Any suggestions?
    Are you use 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7? iTunes comes in two versions.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_32/

http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_64/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mosimorgan

64 bit windows and have downloaded that version off the website. Its as if my system will not recofnise the EXE file / installer! Is this possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What error are you getting, if any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mosimorgan

What error are you getting, if any?

I get nothing thats what is confusing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dillodaffs

hi there, sorry for hi jacking this thread, but i just came in to post about the same problem. running windows 7, trying to download 64 bit...it goes through the download and it will just stop at the end?

i get no error message so am thoroughly confused? i have tried to download using ie first, then chrome then firefox...none of them will download it. anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dillodaffs wrote: »
    hi there, sorry for hi jacking this thread, but i just came in to post about the same problem. running windows 7, trying to download 64 bit...it goes through the download and it will just stop at the end?

i get no error message so am thoroughly confused? i have tried to download using ie first, then chrome then firefox...none of them will download it. anyone got any suggestions?

Try using a download manager like "free download manager" to grab the setup exe, should work then

Nick

ok, going to try the download manger thing now, fingers crossed, thanks :)

installed free download manager, then did itunes, and it worked! thanks for the help guys

Advertisement