Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski resort jobs in Europe

Options
  • 12-11-2009 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Firstly I'm sorry if this is a commonly asked question, a quick search didn't show up much.

Two days ago I found out that my job is to be no more. I've always wanted to work a ski season and I'm going to take this timing as a sign! I am willing to go anywhere at all in Europe and am willing to work as anything! Does anyone have any experience of working in a European ski resort? Is it hard to find a job? Is language a barrier? Any tips about finding accommodation?

I'm an intermediate snowboarder (been about 6 times, pretty competent) and I have school level German that could easily be brushed up on. I won't be able to get there until after Christmas.

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

This site might help you out
    http://www.natives.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

NervousNude: School level German will get you above and beyond what most people have looking for Jobs.

Try the local tourist boards for accomidation they are normally the best place to go for housing.

Best job you can get to maximise you hill time is Bar work but they are the like gold dust.

As above Natives is one of the best places to get information on Season work and jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Its quite late in the year to be looking for a job at a ski resort. The season starts in many places in the next 1/2 weeks. You could be lucky though or you could just turn up at a resort and ask aound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

my 1st time skiing my instructor had gone over skiing the previous October...decided to stay (after having skied once as an 11 yr old) and was an instructor for beginners by the time i got there in march!!! so if she could do that I'm sure you could do anything!!! :D

Hope everything goes well and your happy what ever your doing!!! :D

Advertisement