Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cant find any good tyre pressure machines...

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know of any good tyre pressure pumps around the Drogheda area? Since moving to the area a while ago I cannot find anywhere that I can measure the pressure of my tyres correctly as they all seem to be faulty. On the main road to the M1 from Drogheda, both the AppleGreen garages have screwed up machines. I end up going to Raheny on the way back from work to get my tyres pumped to the correct pressure as they have a really good digital one there, but thats 25miles away from my house!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ando wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone know of any good tyre pressure pumps around the Drogheda area? Since moving to the area a while ago I cannot find anywhere that I can measure the pressure of my tyres correctly as they all seem to be faulty. On the main road to the M1 from Drogheda, both the AppleGreen garages have screwed up machines. I end up going to Raheny on the way back from work to get my tyres pumped to the correct pressure as they have a really good digital one there, but thats 25miles away from my house!!

They finally fitted air hoses in the Applegreen's? Stopped at the southbound one ages ago and they didn't have an air line then!

Have you tried the Esso near the Train station? Pretty sure there is an air line near the Vac at the other side of the forecourt from the shop.

Failing that - get a foot pump or a tyre guage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why don't you buy a good quality one for yourself? You can get Digital ones for less than €10 that read accurately or a dial one for a little more.
    I would trust my own over a garage pump any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I just top up at the garage a few pounds higher than I like my pressures(but within the limits of the tyre. I then use a little hand held guage at home to get them right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

I end up going to Raheny on the way back from work to get my tyres pumped to the correct pressure as they have a really good digital one there, but thats 25miles away from my house!!

That's the one I go to. They have nothing on the end of the hose other than the attachment/valve, so no gauge etc to be damaged by ignoramuses dropping it on the ground. Simple yet brilliant idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

Hey,

I would mention it to the Applegreen Manager as this is a service that customers regularly use.

I remember when i worked in a garage years ago,our manager use to always be harping to us about making sure the Air hoze was working.One of the lads asked him one day why when he doesnt charge for it.His answer was because passing trade will always remember a garage that didn't have everything working right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement