Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head colds and what to do with them!

Options
  • 12-11-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Just encountered my first headcold since I've been pregnant. It came down really quickly. Just wondered what remedies people recommend, considering the limited drugs etc available.
    I've a big night out tonight, and don't want to feel miserable for it, and can't miss it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Paracetamol is about all you can really take. I have a terrible chest infection with a head cold at the minute and paracetamol seems to be working ok.

I shouldn't bother with lemsips, theres only half the paracetamol in most of them and the other ingredient is usually vitamin c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

If you're all blocked something like olbas oil on a tissue is about it unfortunately. Although if it's really bad a sinus rinse can be great - neilmed do one and it rinses everything out.

Advertisement