Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian Salutes the Top Gear Phenomena (bloggers also have their say!)

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"One of our watchwords, a phrase that permeates our productions, is 'ambitious but crap'," says Hammond, chuckling to himself. "I love setting off on projects like trying to make a car and cross the English Channel." Hammond's Triumph Herald with a sail sunk in minutes and a coastguard called them irresponsible. "I love setting off with deliberately childish and innocent and wide-eyed hopefulness, and I think people enjoy that."

There are so many things wrong with this paragraph... nice research Guardian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was pointed out more than once by the blogging masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

mike65 wrote: »
    That was pointed out more than once by the blogging masses.
    That's good, doesn't make the research any less poor!

I can't bring myself to read the comments, Guardian readers (The ones who comment on articles anyway) are almost always a bunch of self-satisfied, snobby idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey I take offence at that! Half the fun is reading the haters and posting to disagree with them.

Advertisement